Seven Layer Taco Ingredients:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, minced (or a sprinkling of garlic salt)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Tapatio hot sauce (or hot sauce of your choice), to taste (I like about 2 teaspoons of Tapatio -- this really adds a great flavor!!)
- 1 can (15 ounces) dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, shredded or chopped
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach leaves, optional
- 2 cups Fritos (or other small yellow corn chips)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups fresh diced tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced black olives (drained)
- sour cream, for serving
1. First of all brown ground beef with onion and garlic. Drain well and return to pan.
2. And then add water, paprika, chili powder, cumin, pepper, salt, hot sauce, and beans. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until hot.
3. Next is to mix lettuce and spinach together.
4. To serve salad, layer each platter or plate with a thick layer of the lettuce mixture. The seven layer taco is ready ...enjoy it !